WOTC TRANSITION RELIEF PROGRAM ANNOUNCED 3/7/2016. A much anticipated announcement has been made by the IRS regarding WOTC. This announcement is even better and more generous than the similar announcements made in the wake of the WOTC Hiatuses of 2014 and 2012. The previous Transition Relief periods were 12-months long; limited to hires only in the calendar year 2014 and 2012 respectively. This Transition Relief is 17-months long, considering hires from 1/1/15 to 5/31/16.
The BOTTOM LINE for you is this:
- If you are not doing WOTC now, you will reap enormous benefits since you can submit WOTC forms for 17 months of hires. But you must do so no later than 6/29/16. This window of time is unprecedented in the history of WOTC.
- If you started WOTC at some time AFTER 1/1/15, you can go back and screen hires from 1/1/15 to the time they started on WOTC. But you must do so no later than 6/29/16.
- If you were not all that good at sending in WOTC forms to the state WOTC office or WOTC consultant, now it the time to make up for those omissions, and submit WOTC forms for those people that you missed. But you must do so no later than 6/29/16.
A link to the IRS announcement 2016-22: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-16-22.pdf
The R. JEFFREY & ASSOCIATES DIFFERENCE
- Catering to the special needs of non-Fortune 1000 companies
- Available online WOTC screening. Also offers paper screening to those businesses that do not have access to a computer for screening
- Customized start-up training. Follow-up reminders to keep you in compliance with WOTC
- Payroll data feed option available
Contact our CEO, Jeff Newcorn today to find out how much credit you are leaving unclaimed each year.